View Single Post
      07-26-2019, 07:30 AM   #35
BlueM3Wagon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3 e91

Figured I would share an update. The problem definitely does seem like it's only occurring when the car temps (oil temp) goes past 210. Bob thinks maybe it might be related to enrichment fueling to protect the CATs? Car runs like a dream until the rich conditions or bouncing idle hits when it's hot. Also had an instance where car was 11 AFR while cruising and when i tried to give a little throttle it would go down in the 10s, felt terrible. I do have logs of that. Here's a situation that happened yesterday.

I took the car out yesterday for food, in the drivethru idle stumbled hard once sitting temp went past 210. Actually thought it was going to stall out, turned on the AC full blast thinking the fan on high duty would lower the engine temps and the wild idle slowed and then stopped. I was in the drive through for 20 minutes (yeah i know!) first 5 minutes engine was below 210 and idle stable; - few minutes later, engine past 210 and idle bouncing, turned AC on, seemed to immediately help a little. I did also take it off AC when the idle was still bouncing and just had the fan running on the highest setting, car went super bizurk, much harder bouncing and faster so I pressed AC button and it finally smoothed out. Again I didn't have the datalogger so no clue what was happening but I'll try and replicate today. Sounds weird right?

I also notice the car is cooler than normal after these last couple of revisions, sits just north of 210 around 220. I wonder if I was lean through my last BPC tune as well making the car run hotter, it would always run around 240-250 when fully warmed up.

Follow on Instagram: BlueM3wagon
Appreciate 1
NYBulldog1310.00