View Single Post
      02-21-2012, 01:29 PM   #18
NormanHomes
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Always change the seats with the battery terminal taken off to avoid this happening, unless you have equipment to reset the codes.
Now check the connections below the passenger seat.
I can assure you, that if connection is good, it will go away without reseting it.
Here is the action plan and see how it goes.
1- Make sure all the connections are good and the connector and connected to its hook under your passenger seat.
2- Once you are satisfied with step1, start the car and you will get the signal of airbag and seat belt. Drive it for couple of miles, and they will disappear. If not stop it at some place, turn it off, get out of the car and lock your car.
Two minutes later, get in the car and start it again. you may still have the error and drive it for couple of miles.
It goes away automatically unless there is problem with pretensioner or seat occupancy mat.

3- If it does not go away, take it to local indi, and ask him to reset (dont forget to take the code from him, so you know what it was). Or take out the battery wires for 15 minutes to reset whole ecu and mpg figure. See which is convenient for you.
The error should go away.

4- Once the error is gone, insert the key and go and sit in the passenger seat. Move little bit in the chair, and if you get the error again, then your occupancy mat is gone or broken (very common). However if no error, ask your friend to sit in passenger seat, put the seat belt on and drive. If error re-appears, then possible pretensioner error.
If no error, go to nearest pub, and have few drinks

All the best.
cheers for the advice. are you positive that if the connections/circuit is complete the light will turn itself off? i know on vag cars you HAVE to clear the light via vag com or it will never go off. but havent had any experience with these

i bought a cable off ebay to wipe it but the ****ing installation for the software is a good 8 hour job and i wasnt successful installing it

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxy-stoat View Post
The air bag/seat tensioners pins look bent any way.

Did you disconnect the battery first before removing connectors.

Do you know if the seat airbags/seat belt tensioners working properly before you swopped them?
i didnt dissconect the battery. Ive had the old seats out a few times when i was cleaning it. But then i bought an m sport interior and thats when the problem arose due to the bent pin

the interior was mint and i used my belt tensioners so yeah im pretty sure they are fine
Appreciate 0