12-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #5
greatbm
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G15 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by redE93cab View Post
I had the software updated last month whilst it was in for the clutch & flywheel replacement. Apparantly takes all day to download and update?? My fuel pump failed early on (less than 1k miles) so has already been replaced with the modded one. TBH you might as well arrange a loaner off them and let them do the mods. You can guarantee the pump will fail when you dont want it to (dark wet night or on the way to an important event, etc...)

Not heard anthing about the injector issue though? I still maintain that mine is hesitant at times so maybe it is for this issue?? It is going in tomorrow to have the front wheel refurbed as they curbed it last week whilst they had it to replace my jammed seat belt, so will ask them about the injector re-call.

When the pump fails it does not go into limp mode......it takes about 20-30 sec to crank over and the car displays the red symbol on the dash that warns not to drive the vehicle and contact BMW assist.

Paul
Thanks for that, I have told them I will contact them in the new year to have the work done.
Appreciate 0