Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19
My running schedule is pretty consistant due to the fact that I am training... Come raceday, Im looking for 9 min miles @ 13.1 miles, which puts me under 2 hours... Its a tall order for my first longer race... But Im doing this to push myself...

3x a week and as follows:

Tuesday - add one mile from previous week, but run at 10 min miles...

Thursday - same distance as Tue, but run 9:30 miles

Sunday - Same distance, 9 min miles

and back to Tuesday... This week, I jumped ahead and did Tuesday's workout today (Sun) because I was just in the zone, and felt as if I could do the extra mile...

At this rate, I will be at 12 miles by the end of august... race is 13.1, but you always train to a small amount less...
You need to increase the number of times you run to where you are running 5 times a week. You will need the increased sessions to endure the length and duration of the run. Bump it up to 4 times a week for a week and then on to 5. I would not recommend more than 5 since this is your first long distance run. Make sure that you stretch each major body part for atleast 30 sec X 3 to ensure proper warmup and lengthening of muscles. I hope you have some really good shoes that are fitted for your feet. Price should not be an issue nor should you expect the most expensive shoes to be the best. A mile a week sounds good and looks like you will be on track. Try to run a little quicker for each mile so that when you do run it will seem easier keeping a 9min pace. Do interval training to mix it up and add cardio if you can to boost your endurance level. Physical Therapy assistant for the last 11 years and in the military so I know what I'm talking about.