View Single Post
      06-13-2007, 09:32 AM   #160
bimmernotbeamer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtjones View Post
So I've already washed it, used AIO, ZFX enabled Z2, then Z6. I ran out of time before I was able to add the 2nd coat of ZFX enabled Z2. It's now dirty, so I need to wash it again. That's fine. Can I wash, then add Z2? Or must I AIO to prep for the Z2? Also, my Z2 was mixed with ZFX will be about 5 days old before I use it again. Is that OK?

I've thrown a bit of a twist in this process by doing only 1 coat of sealant, and then coming back days later.
ZAIO is only required for the first coat of Z2 (or Z5). Any subsequent coats, up to 10, can be added over top 24 hours apart without using ZAIO again. As for ZFX, it is only required in two scenarios; 1) You want to apply up to 3 coats of Z2 (or Z5) in one 24 hour period; 2) You only want to apply one layer of Z2 (or Z5) but do not want to use ZAIO. ZFX is also a bonding agent like ZAIO and can be used for just the first coat as well. Any subsequent coats (without ZFX), up to 10, can be added over top 24 hours apart.

In terms of the Z2 + ZFX you mixed 5 days ago, throw it away. It's garbage. Any ZFX enabled Z2 or Z5 needs to be used within 24 hours of mixing.
Appreciate 0