Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvaBmw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjahl View Post
Sounds good, let us know how it runs.

BTW, was looking at your stock ZF trans tune. It looks horrible, hard to imagine it could be worse then what I've seen on the 3.0 liter versions. Does your car really upshift at 6600-6700 RPM regardless of manual mode or Drive? File has a max RPM (engine protection) of 6600 while the other ZF tunes are 7100. Shit maps control the final number but they are written to match pretty closely
Car ran really well today. Not as much of i power difference as i thought there would be but definitely noticeable. It seems to be more mid range power. Economy is the same 7.7 L/100km on my work trip. All in all i think it was a worthwhile mod to do. More power and the same fuel economy which is a great result.

Yeah it shifts at 6500rpm which is the redline on my cluster, doesn't matter what mode your in. It really pisses me off some days. The kickdown takes about 2 secs before it actually works. I always wondered why people called autos slush boxes. Now i know.
The gearbox is totally fixable.

It's really a screwy thing. Right now your peak power is about 6500 and the trans will shift 100 rpm later during that shift, it cuts engine power by about 50%.

I'm looking at your ZF file but the easy thing would be to flash the 330 Or 325 ZF tune your gearbox.
Appreciate 0