View Single Post
      03-16-2018, 11:04 AM   #2628
luke6494
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Xdrive

labrador Idk I actually have not tried revving it stationary past 3500. Its really hard to tell if the car is making the noise at idle or not. It is quiet until you start actually driving. I will have to try this. Trans fluid was just changed about 500 miles ago. It has been happening well before then. My ofhg was just done in the last 10,000 miles. Does not look to be leaking at all. The rear diff is leaking but not bad at all. I am getting it resealed a week from now. The front diff is not leaking. I will be changing the gear oil in the rear in a week. Then after will be the front. Trying to spare some money in between each one. I did the trans diy. Also going to diy the rear diff after they (the dealer) seal it up and the front diff fluids. I just cant fathom it being a diff noise or trans noise if it dissapears as soon as 3500 is passed. It happens like clockwork. If it is there from the start of the drive it will be there until i get past 3500 one time then it will dissapear for the rest of the drive. It may come back again if i shut the car off and start it up warm or let it get cold and start it. It is basically random. Warm or cold engine does not seem to matter much. One thing i can note is that 4/5 mornings in the cold it will more than likely do it when the car has sat over night. Ocassionally it will not in the morning. It is driving me nutes. It is a weird one.
Appreciate 0