View Single Post
      10-25-2022, 03:31 PM   #6
thereza
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_06xi View Post
I found opening up the A-Pillar quite easy -- one screw and pull it off. I did wind up replacing one of the plastic clips as it broke as I used the palm of my hand to snap the A-Pillar back in place.

But this is the best place for the GPS antenna -- so it was coming off in any case.

Getting the overhead console out is a little trickier -- but remove the sunshade clips and you can stick your fingers under the headliner and push on the tab holding the console in.

As to mic quality -- I really can't say as I'm never on the other end of the phone. I haven't had any complaints.
It took me forever to get the a pillar back on. I couldn't find any videos on how to do it - I eventually used the TIS docs.

I put the GPS antenna on the front corner of the dash. Where is your GPS antenna? I routed a USB cable for a dashcam - and glad I removed the pillar trim to do so. I had previously routed power for my V1 and the cable had crossed over the airbag -- if it had gone off, it would have made the V1 into a projectile. I was able to zip tie it out of the way.
Appreciate 0