Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewd1452 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by liftrichh View Post
I'm having the same problem. Replaced the alternator and battery. Registered the battery thru mhd but still have this voltage light popping on. I made sure that the ibs and all the cords were installed properly. This problem occurred when I installed my precision raceworks coils. I checked over and over but everything is installed correctly. Can you help me please guys. Thank you
Check the connector on your water pump. Unplug it and see if theres any coolant or oil inside of it. My water pump cracked causing coolant to get in there and short out the whole system. All of those components / sensors run to the DME through the same BSD line, so when one shorts out and stops working, they all do. I believe the shorting of the water pump causes it to run even after you turn it off, so thats what is draining your battery. Replacing my water pump solved every single one of those issues for me, so that would be my first recommendation.
I just recently replaced the water pump myself like a week ago. Do I check connections on the water pump or the thermostat itself?
Appreciate 0