Drives: ....

Garage List
2008 M3  [4.00]
2007 335i  [9.00]
2008 528i  [8.00]
2006 Infiniti - G35 ...  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx_big View Post
What you are doing is simply called single clutching, which is exactly what i do when i downshift. As for what mantis went over is called double clutching. They both do the same thing except according to a friend of mine, double clutching is no longer necessary on newer cars. But i might be wrong.

I learned driving stick on my new 08' e92 and with the help of mantis. It was hard at first, but with couple times of practice, which involves constant stalling. You will get it. I never knew it would be possible to learn stick through someone online. In my case, it would be mantis and i am really grateful for his effort.

Thanks Mantis you are the best man!
awww thanks for the kind words man. im glad you are enjoying your car, that's what i was hoping for

Double-clutching and bliping while single clutching are essentially the same. Bliping with single clutch will make the synchro's work. Unfortunately wear out fast coz of the material they are made out of. They are difficult to replace. if you wish to keep the car long double-clutch. if you dont care, then just do it the fast way

i tried bliping while single clutching today, i couldnt do it!!! my foot automatically double clutches on its own now
Appreciate 0