United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335d | i3 REx

Garage List
2015 i3 REx  [0.00]
2011 BMW E90 335d  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Noobie View Post
Is anyone able to get away with the EGR delete in Cali? Please say yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueisking View Post
These are expected. First code is caused by disconnecting the black wire, 2nd is caused by removal of the EGR cooler bypass vacuum switch and 3rd is caused by removal of the EGR cooler temp sensor.

I left the vacuum switch and temp sensor connected which is why my only code was a 4CAE. Not sure if you will see the mileage increase with them disconnected.
Thank you. Very helpful! Is your gut saying mileage will be better or worse with the sensors left attached?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335dsleeper View Post
PM me for egr only delete tune info.
This is something I may look into. Do you know if I'll be able to pass CA inspections with an EGR-only delete tune? If so, this would allow me to remove the valve as well for a full EGR delete.

Will performance be better than JBD piggyback?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90Noobie View Post
Is anyone able to get away with the EGR delete in Cali? Please say yes.
This is my first time deleting the EGR cooler. Prior to this I was running block-off plates on both ends, but leaving the cooler and valve in place. For the past two inspections (every 2 years), I went through the trouble of removing the block-off plates, letting the readiness monitors do their thing, and reinstalling the plates after I pass smog. Kind of a pain, but only once every two years.

If an EGR-only delete tune can make this problem go away, then I may move forward with it. Obviously, it may or may not pass visual inspection depending on the tech and what they are looking for.

If the tune won't help passing inspection, then I'll just resort to re-installing the cooler once every two years, similar to the block-off plates.