View Single Post
      09-05-2018, 10:46 PM   #71
e90Noobie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by remlemasi View Post
Thank you. Very helpful! Is your gut saying mileage will be better or worse with the sensors left attached?

This is something I may look into. Do you know if I'll be able to pass CA inspections with an EGR-only delete tune? If so, this would allow me to remove the valve as well for a full EGR delete.

Will performance be better than JBD piggyback?

This is my first time deleting the EGR cooler. Prior to this I was running block-off plates on both ends, but leaving the cooler and valve in place. For the past two inspections (every 2 years), I went through the trouble of removing the block-off plates, letting the readiness monitors do their thing, and reinstalling the plates after I pass smog. Kind of a pain, but only once every two years.

If an EGR-only delete tune can make this problem go away, then I may move forward with it. Obviously, it may or may not pass visual inspection depending on the tech and what they are looking for.

If the tune won't help passing inspection, then I'll just resort to re-installing the cooler once every two years, similar to the block-off plates.
How do you move the portion of the EGR cooler out of the way of the exhaust manifold without removing the cooler to install the block off plate?
Appreciate 0