View Single Post
      11-07-2018, 09:09 PM   #77
p0lar
Naturally agitated
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3, 12 E70 X5d, 04 M3

So I've been doing some research on this and would like to see what it takes to build an EGR emulator (amongst others). I found what appears to be its wiring diagram. In it, the x2459 connector pins are labeled as follows:
  • Pin 1, T_AGRNEG, White w/Yellow stripe,
  • Pin 2, T_AGRPOS, Gray w/Green Stripe,
  • Pin 3, U_5V_2, Blue w/brown stripe, Voltage supply (???)
  • Pin 4, M_AGR, Brown w/Green stripe, Ground exhaust gas recirculation positioner
  • Pin 5, A_AGR, Black, Actuation of exhaust gas recirculation positioner

I'm presuming pins 1/2 are what power the solenoid itself. Pin 3 is unknown still, but typically U_xV is a denotation of a voltage supply of some sort, possibly an analog signal which could be feedback from the solenoid. Pins 4/5 are the M_AGR and A_AGR respectively, with M_ being the ground and A_ being the actuation (as per general BMW TIS/MB tech info). I think those are simple PWM, but haven't had access to test this yet. From everything I can find, the color markings on the wires line up with this particular connector, along with the 1-5 marking on the inside of the connector.

If my suspicions are correct, removing Pin 4 should also yield a 4CAE DTC. Removing pins 1/2 would prevent the solenoid from moving at all, but I'm not sure which code would be thrown. I'm out of town at the moment, but will have access to more data next week -- in the mean time, if someone feels like doing some testing as to what codes are thrown by removing pins 1-4 one at a time, but keeping pin 5 connected, that would definitely help. If not, I'll get to it soon enough.

References:

Last edited by p0lar; 11-07-2018 at 09:23 PM..
Appreciate 0