View Single Post
      12-23-2016, 12:40 PM   #1
berns
Captain
Rep
Drives: '07 E90 335i

CSF Radiator and Oil Cooler Installed

Not sure if you guys have experienced limp mode from high water and oil temps, but I often do between track and spirited canyon driving.

Got these pieces from CSF and am really impressed by the quality and packaging, especially for the price. Not sure if the N54 community is aware, but if you've got an OEM oil cooler, you can use the CSF E9x m3 trans cooler as a direct drop-in replacement. It's been tested to flow 30% more than the factory unit and requires no modification. My oil temps have been rock solid during hard driving so far, which is awesome. I'll be headed to the track soon and can take some logs of both coolant and oil temps.

The radiator is way lighter than the stock unit. Good welds for aluminum, and with 105k on my car, it was a good time to replace the factory unit. Radiator went in with zero fitment issues and the factory fan mounted up perfectly.
Oil cooler also dropped in easily.

Oil cooler retails for $599, part number 8042 - http://csfrace.com/bmw-radiator-splash/

Radiator retails for $569, part number 7046, fits automatic cars as well.
Some quick photos I snapped of the radiator, and a shot of the oil cooler. Will report back with some hard data and further impressions. Interested to see and hear what everyone else is successfully running too.

Appreciate 5