ex deus machina
United_States
Rep
Drives: G30, F15, Audi S4

directly from motul website
http://www.motul.com/us/en-us/community/446
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motul
300V Motorsport Range, 8100 or 6100? Which oil should I choose?
Our 300V Motorsport range of lubricants are specifically formulated for racing applications. They are based around Motul’s unique ESTER CoreŽ technology which combines the best performing synthetic base oils including esters with bespoke dedicated chemical additives.
The result is unrivalled power increase, outstanding lubrication and optimal protection, the best conditions for ultimate victory! These lubricants have been developed for leading Factory Racing Teams Worldwide, but also have exactly the same availability to the general public!

8100 is Motul’s top of the range passenger car engine oil based on 100% synthetic technology containing esters. These products meet the up to date and most demanding OEM engine oil approval requirements. 8100 lubricants are available in the latest and fuel-efficient 0W grades. 8100 lubricants are the safest way to keep your engine protected and operating the way it was designed to, fully compliant with the car’s warranty, whether it is in stop-and-start traffic or at full speed on the motorways.
6100 is based around Motul’s TechnosyntheseŽ technology containing esters. 6100 Products come with a multitude of official OEM approvals making sure you are using the right oil for your car. 6100 is designed to be price competitive without sacrificing on quality and performance. They are available in a wide range of popular viscosity grades.
I’m guessing the 8100 will last longer while the 300V is for high temp applications.
Gone: E92 335i N54 468rwtq
Appreciate 0