Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
BMS FTW

I recently intsalled the JB3, upgrading from the Procede R1. Everything ran smoothly since last week up until yesterday. Yesterday afternoon, after installing an Aero front lip and painting the lower mesh grills black, I was tweaking the power cables for my audio system, so I disconnected the battery. After I was done with the system i reconnected the battery and tried to start the car to go for a drive but I was receiving HPFP failure symptoms. Long start, shaky car, and stalls. So I called my friend at BMW and he told me "take the JB3 out and i'll take the car in on Monday." So I took it out and and started the car and it ran perfectly. So i figured let me try to reinstall the JB3 again, I did and the car gave the same symptoms after the reinstall. I then uninstalled the JB3 and again no issues. Now i have my Procede R1 in the car again and i am having no issues. I am still going to have the pressure on of the FP tested by my friend but i am thinking the JB3 went bad or something, it was very hot when I took it out of the car but there are no signs of blown resistors or trace lines on the board, i also did not smell anything burnt in the unit itself. The pins on the PNP are all in perfect condition and the JB3 was working supremely for the past week.

Last edited by StatenEye; 04-16-2010 at 10:20 PM..
Appreciate 0