rallyegolf
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 325XI Wagon

Garage List
2006 325xit  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatNinja View Post
No one buys leases because a) it is almost always more expensive than just buying the car in the first place and b) nobody wants to go from paying $400 a month for their newish car to $600 for what is basically a used car.

All this goes out the window if you are faced with a mileage charge of thousands of dollars. Those are the people that more frequently buy them out. Of course I wonder why they ever leased in the first place...
Not true: I have sold 2 Audi's for the lease payoff to get out of a lease and did not loose a penny on them. Also my wife just sold a Honda Civic for $1000 more then the lease pay off and actually made money on it. All cars were within mileage and taken very well care of.

The Audi's happened to be S-Line models that were the 6 speed manual and hard to find. One of the buyers flew in from Canada to buy it and the other drove about 200 miles to pick it up in Southern California. Both of them were sold on Autotrader.com.

If you get a good deal on a lease and take care of the cars, you can do well with them.