View Single Post
      06-19-2021, 03:25 AM   #1
NEED5MIL
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 BMW 335i (E90)

Rough idle after walnut blast

Just got my car back from the shop after getting a walnut blast and transmission service, car drove perfect for about 30mins before I got a transmission malfunction light then limp mode.(sidenote: tranny malfunction error came on once before I got the walnut blast) So I turn the car off n back on and ever since the car has had a weird rough idle only when I’m parked or coming to a stop or at a redlight almost like it’s misfiring but it isn’t. Once I’m driving it’s pretty smooth.

I checked to see if the car was throwing any codes which it isn’t. The car has about 135k miles and I was running Stage1 MHD & Alpina Tune. I downtuned it to Stage0 to see if the problem would still be there and it still was, the idle has gotten a taaaad bit better since down tuning.

Is their any “break in” period for walnut blast? Lol

I’m leaning towards bad injectors but I’d think the car would throw codes if that was the case. Just seen a YouTube video and this guy was having the same symptoms and solved his problem with a new MAP sensor

Also about the transmission malfunction, it didn’t start slipping until I went MHD stage 1. does this mean I need a whole new tranny or maybe just a stage 2 clutch?

Anyone else have this problem after MHD tune or rough idle after Walnut blast? If so what’d you do fix to get rid of it
Any Info helps!