View Single Post
      08-06-2021, 02:31 AM   #51
lowrydr310
Robot
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2007 E93 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayMoWe335 View Post
I won’t say too much, but he said M3 control arms from them were 100% used and didn’t have the right stamp. Again, they took them back and provided others, but they shipped bad ones initially.
WAIT WHAT?

I ordered TRW M3 wishbones, and the next day it said the one side was backordered. Then a few days later I got my shipment which had one brand new TRW wishbone in a box and one BMW branded wishbone with just an opened plastic bag around it, with the M logo still intact, and a BMW part label sticker over the plastic ball joint protector. This "Genuine BMW" part shipped in the same box from the same warehouse with all my other parts that weren't genuine BMW parts.

First thing I noticed is that the BMW part looks like it was refurbished. All the casting marks are worn smooth, where the new TRW part has all the sharp castings intact. The rubber boots on the inner bushing and ball joint are brand new, and the threads on the ball joint looks brand new, it's just the casting on the arm itself looks like it was used and cleaned up.

Did BMW ever refurbish these arms? If so, is there any guarantee that they're straight?

I haven't installed them yet, but this has been bugging me and I'm going to ask for a replacement and get the correct TRW branded arm that I ordered.

Last edited by lowrydr310; 08-06-2021 at 02:39 AM..
Appreciate 0