S4to335
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi A4 / 91 Track Miata

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by LandShark View Post
just look at the lap time! it lap VIR faster than both the M coupe and the RS4 which both has more hp and/or better weight/hp ratio and both is good sport car too! but the 335i had both beaten!! and it's just a regular 3 series, not even a performance model!!! that's what really impressed me!! not b/c of the hp, but how balance and handling the car is!!

but I still holding my opinion, in hot summer time (90+F), the car might not be able to last a full track day (typical 4 x 25mins session) w/out a long cool down rest in the pit tho!! a bigger/aftermarket oil cooler is differently needed for this car!!

also who would not listen to what Roy Hopkin said w/in the BMW circle too!!

I have two friend who both have a 335i, one coupe, one sedan. I hope they will let me take the 335i for a spin at the track so I can really see if it's really that good!

I'm really looking forward to drive/see/run_with a 335i at the track one day!!
My work blocks videos and photo storage websites..so I cannot look at the video until I get home...I will check it out. I drove mine for eight 25-minute sessions at a track event in Nevada a few months back...it goes well in the straights...but it has understeer issues like many cars from the factory. I will be teaching at a few other events coming up..NASA NorCal and with the Audi club..so I will report if I have been able to improve the situation.

Car is now gone .... :-(
Appreciate 0