06-29-2007, 07:45 PM   #1
Professor///M
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
iPhone Compatibility User Report

I guess this is the first... but I'm sure of many to come!

Well my iPhone is as about as old as everyone else's. Only waited 2.5 hours at #30 in line at my local AT&T store for one. Let me just say before the BMW Part... I'm one HAPPY customer.

If you don't think this phone lives up to its hype (well other then no 3G), then you're just fooling yourself. This phone at daybreak is everything and more then one could hope for in a portable device... and I haven't even played with it as an iPod yet!

So what you lovely folks want to hear, its compatibility with our e9x's. Let me give you my specs first:

1 week old 2007 328xi e90 with iDrive & Premium Package. That's about all you need to know.

1 hour old iPhone 8GB

Fully loaded contact list, calendar, bookmarks, mail, and a few videos.

Our initial reports have listed our iPhone as "fully compatible" with the bluetooth. I fully agree and endorse that statement so far.

No more:
Incorrect incoming calls
Abbreviated Phone Book List
One name and number per user

This thing is FULLY FUNCTIONAL with iDrive and the integrated bluetooth.

Let me show you.

Bluetooth off:

Sorry for the flash, this was done in a hurry.

Turn on bluetooth, turn on your car. They pair together in harmony just like any phone would:

Now, let's look at those contacts. For now I have 276 stored contacts, and it shows every one of them in the iDrive display. The AAPA is a public number, so I'll share:

Now would be a great time to point out the phenomenal AT&T service by my coverage indicator.

Oh boy, Mom & Dad are calling me... (well it's really just me with a portable house phone)

Phone rings, car rings, as you hope and expect it should. Well, I'll just ignore that call.

As you can see it shows up nicely in your "missed calls list". Right person, Right time, Right location.

So all you have is my word to trust that Mom & Dad was the right number that called.

But, as you will soon see, I placed a call earlier, so I have a recent call in my "top 8":

So with the little blackout, so no one calls anyone, you can clearly see full name, what type of number it is, the full telephone number, all displaying as BMW and Apple intended.

Again, you will just have to take my word for now that if a person has multiple numbers they show up in the correct format XXXXXXX (Home) vs (Mobile), etc.

I really don't think there needs to be anything else said other then the call quality was what you would expect for a cell phone through bluetooth. I will provide more feedback as I have more time to use this device.

And on a side note, the keyboard... it's awesome. You need half a brain and a trusting of the device to use it. It does take some time, but it seems very easy to pick up.

Thanks for reading my write up, all I ask is that credit is to me, and these pictures and or text is not reproduced for your own gain.
Appreciate 0