View Single Post
      03-19-2023, 12:23 AM   #1
hateface
e92 lci bumpers are ugly
Rep
Drives: e92 LCI

2011 e92 LCI bumper parts (2) locating help

Not sure if this is the right sub forum but I didn’t consider it a cosmetic mod or necessarily a maintenance issue. I just noticed getting out of my 2011 e92 that I’m missing the driver side grating which I believe is indicated as #2 in the diagram and of course was missing it’s corresponding driver side LCI accent piece indicated as #3. I can’t remember the exact name of that part anymore so I’ll just continue to refer to it as “accent” here. I have no clue how or when this came off as I didn’t hear anything abrupt or notice it until today. I pulled my front bumper off back in 2011 to sand down and matte spray the ugly (IMO) accents but never had to mess with the grating. I ended up having to order an accent piece replacement due to breaking a clip or two since they clip in. Anyways due to the brief e92 LCI change it’s been hard to get consistent info off part sites to replace these 2 parts but mainly the drivers side grating that the accent fits into. It looks like tons of parts sites either say what I’m looking for doesn’t fit. However, I believe I’ve got the correct part numbers which are 51117229182 and 51117227924. I’ll attach my cars personal picture tomorrow but I wanted to include some of the most similar LCI front bumper pics I could find due to the fact that they aren’t nearly as common.

I should have just posted this in the morning but I don’t have access to my car currently and had some later hours than usual to occupy. Thought I might get some guys on here early that are much more knowledgeable than I am. If there’s a better place to post this just let me know. Any help would be appreciated as I’m having trouble finding just the grating part I think. Hopefully it’s not just me being tired and rookie’ing the internet. It has already been a long weekend and I’m not the same age as when I got the car back in 2011. Best references I could provide until I get my personal pic are attached below. Last pic added of the black bmw is mine.

Thanks again guys.
Attached Images

Last edited by hateface; 03-20-2023 at 04:55 PM.. Reason: Sorry for the delay but I’ve attached a picture of the actual damage.
Appreciate 0