Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Meanwhile Lotus releases a "track day car" that looks suspiciously close to its F1 car...

Sure, everyone knows what was going on, but if you can make it work within the rules, more power to you. It seems for the team orders rule this is as simple as suggesting your teammate is faster than you - I'm surprised more of this doesn't happen considering how easy it would be to pre designate "code" words or something...

Put me in the camp that less regulation is better for F1...not this overbearing monstrosity of an organization that has 1984-esque insight into everything
Agreed. I really don't know why teams spend sooooo much money and time on everything and don't have the brains to figure out a code word for this type of situation? Something like "keep an eye on your fuel" or pretty much anything would work aside from the "WINK WINK WINK WINK WINK ALONSO IS FASTER ALONSO IS FASTER, CAN YOU CONFIRM YOU UNDERSTAND WINK WINK WINK WINK WINK ELBOW ELBOW." Do they think we're THAT stupid?

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0