View Single Post
      04-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #22
The HACK
Midlife Crises Racing Silent but Deadly Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 MZ4C, 2021 Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by akotten View Post
I'm thinking they might just need a little modification to fit...they're actually pretty close. I guess we'll see. I may look into retrofitting a different rear caliper instead.
No. They're going to require MAJOR modification to fit, and even if and when they fit, you have to keep in mind that those little ears that you're shaving off? They're what the calipers slide on. If you don't have them machined right, they'll either bind or be too loose and rattle like crazy.

You want to try and modify them to fit? Your prerogative. I wouldn't. Not unless I have access to a machine shop and willing to throw away a set of $200 pads when they mess up.

Believe you me. That exact scenario happened to me, and all I did was try to modify a set of pads for the rear of my MZ4 Coupe, which DOES use the same exact pads as the E46 M3 rear. $200 set of rear pads down the drain.
Sitting on a beat-up office chair in front of a 5 year old computer in a basement floor, sipping on stale coffee watching a bunch of meaningless numbers scrolling aimlessly on a dimly lit 19” monitor.
Appreciate 0