Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
It can't be controlled by tech yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebishman View Post
If there is one team in F1 that will cheat or ‘accidentally infringe on the rules’, it will be Ferrari. And if anyone here believes that this is an uncontrolled injection of oil into the combustion process, they are a fool.
True, it cannot be controlled explicitly by tech, but considering that oil is in the IC, the main way it can get there is either through the compressor side of the turbo or crankcase ventilation, which can be 'engineered' deliberately. The loophole will either be exploited by others or stopped, which is less of an engineering win for Ferrari.

Quote:
Essex Lotus twin chassis back in the early 80's? come on that was a blatant cheat machine at the time of ground effect as bad as the fan car of Brabham in '78.
I agree with you but I do think it's tone deaf to call Ferrari a no-funny-business, nose to the grindstone company. They remove you from preferred customer lists if you publish dyno results and journalists have been saying for a while now that Ferrari press cars feel better than the production vehicles (road cars, I know). The company ethos seems similar across divisions. I think they get a lot of goodwill from the FIA because they are such a legendary heritage company, and draw so many to the sport. But they are the tattletale team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellrotm View Post
Most likely Horner and Red Bull/Honda, they were in a much tighter battle for second in constructors points with Ferrari at the break. When Ferrari started their new found pace.
I agree

I'm gonna be really upset if 3rd place gets taken from Verstappen, the growth he's displayed as a driver is seriously impressive. Went from "Crashstappen" to being more consistent than Vettel.

But there's much more wrong with Ferrari than engineering, they would be competitive with adequate pit and driver strategy.

Quote:
Don't play it myself though you'll find all F1 drivers train on something similar regularly to keep their tactics competitive.
It's true! Verstappen and others are on iRacing.

Last edited by chocstraw; 10-21-2019 at 04:19 AM..
Appreciate 1
minn1914012.00