01-26-2012, 03:01 PM   #420
LuSt4Boost
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPF 335i #1 View Post
Well, After my short visit to HPF before my long drive to Kansas I had the distinct pleasure of driving the first HPF 335i.

Im not going to write a big review at this point because its not completed and also because its not my place yet. However... The only way to describe the car even in raw form at this point is "Brilliant!"

The V Brace is complete and the car can now drive without worry. However it has not yet been tuned. Even on low boost, and with still zero tuning other than the stock base PROcede tune.... LOL.... The car Rocks SOO Hards its more than thriling. 12 PSI 3rd gear, 30% throttle... Tires spinning. Boost with the 62 turbo IS instant, No Lag, in fact I know i have not drove my car in quite a while but I would say there is no difference in boost response. Other than the fact than its fast as fuck.

Also i would like to note that the car does not just feel like a 335i with a large single. It feels completely different. as if it has a small V8 in there. The power band from what i can "Feel" is nearly 100% of the RPM range. It just feels strong the whole way. I would assume this is due to all the unnecessary old hardware "Piping" being removed and the fact that the engine is free to spool since there is zero intake restriction.

thats probably the most i can say at this point.

So to sum the car in two words... HELL YES!
Great! Been waiting forever to hear this!!

Now I will be patiently waiting for the dyno!...