View Single Post
      01-30-2018, 06:11 PM   #1
bimmer97
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335i E90 Xdrive

Help! Engine light after battery replacement

Hi,
First time using a forum, but have read through many throughout the years!
I'm in need of some major help/ advice.

My 2011 335i xDrive e90 has just reached 80,000. It was due for an oil change and a new battery. This is the first time my BMW is out of regular and extended warranty. So I did some research and decided yesterday to take it to a local shop. They work with BMW quite often and assured me that all products/parts are OEM.

Got the car back and everything was perfect as it was before I took it to the shop... Today, as I was driving the yellow "service engine soon" light came on. I took it right back to shop. They ran a diagnostic test and it came up with a couple codes, but it said NONE were currently present. They cleared all the codes. After driving for ten minutes they came on again!! I called and was frustrated as my car was perfectly find before coming to the shop, but now the engine light keeps coming on.

The guy told me "the faults could be coming on now and NOT before due to having a weak battery... and when the new battery was installed the car NOW has enough power to talk to each other and display the faults"??? Idk but that sounds like total BS but I could be wrong, therefore. am posting on this forum!!!

Maybe the engine needs to be reprogrammed and registered again??? It wasn't properly installed? Im going back tomorrow. Ill list the codes bellow...

1.1 3876-Power management: central undervoltage
1.2 3392 Engine switch-off time, plausibility; Time too short in correlation to engine-coolant
2.55c3- VTG Transfer Case AWD limp-home control activated. NO DSC specified nominal torque

3. ABD DSC (Bosch) Dynamic Stability Control 6Ec4- DSC: Steering angle sensor, adjustment

*None of these codes were present at the time it was scanned
Thank you for any help and advise before hand
Appreciate 0