Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue e92 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieatlarge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussieatlarge View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmick325 View Post
FYI the M3 hood is aluminium and costs plenty.

I do PDR and fixed many BMW's in Sydney this year including E93's.

They do PDR well, esp boot and bonnet. The roof sections are a bit fiddly due to all the internal bracing but in the end doable.

The only thing with PDR is that the paintwork needs to be in a good condition in order to repair the dents properly, as the reflection of the lights we use is crucial. if the paintwork is dull or faded or not shiny, its harder to fix it properly. What's exactly wrong with your DIY paintwork?
Quote:
Originally Posted by schmick325 View Post
FYI the M3 hood is aluminium and costs plenty.

I do PDR and fixed many BMW's in Sydney this year including E93's.

They do PDR well, esp boot and bonnet. The roof sections are a bit fiddly due to all the internal bracing but in the end doable.

The only thing with PDR is that the paintwork needs to be in a good condition in order to repair the dents properly, as the reflection of the lights we use is crucial. if the paintwork is dull or faded or not shiny, its harder to fix it properly. What's exactly wrong with your DIY paintwork?
I completely stuffed up a small bat shit blemish and a scratch. I tried blending metallic on a small area. I think the paint was the wrong colour and I ended up chasing the transition until i had two huge patches. Both panels need respects for sure. Too embarrassed to post inages
Got an M3 style bonnet and bumper. CSL boot and M3 style skirts. Any good places in Sydney to get them sprayed before Christmas?
Where did you end up getting them from?
Appreciate 0