SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swingshiftworker View Post
The only thing left to do is to take the front wheels to a local tire shop to polish out some minor curb rash, which they'll do for $50 each.
Well, there's a hiccup in the plan to fix the wheels. The local shop I was going to go to balked and now says they can't do them. Called another shop that I know CAN do them but they want $180 a wheel to fix the curb rash, re-powdercoat the wheels and reinstall/balance the tires on them. That's the "right" way to do them but that's $360 for the pair.

The curb rash on the wheels isn't THAT bad for me to spend that much $ to fix 'em, because you really can't see the damage unless you look very closely. Hardly noticeable at a glance. Might be better to just buy a new pair of front wheels, if I can find a pair for about the same price. So, the wheel fix is out for now but if anyone knows where there's a pair of front (34 offset) 18" Ellipsoid Style 162 BMW wheels for sale for $180 or less each, let me know.

In the meantime, it looks like I'm ALL DONE working on my 335i. Only thing I plan to spend any more money on is gas and hopefully just "routine" maintenance.

Last edited by SSW; 01-17-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Appreciate 0