View Single Post
      03-17-2024, 08:59 PM   #1
pbedrosi
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E91

E91 Technic LOC100i Add a Sub Help

We have a E91 with factory 767 HiFi system. We are trying to add a sub in the cargo area.

I just bought a used Technic LOC100i add a sub harness with the Link 2 gain controller. JL MX300 mono-sub and Kicker 10" sub box. Nothing major.

I thought the installation wold be smooth but I'm having issues.
  1. I have traced the power and it all seems ok. I get 12V trigger signal to the amp and it light up. The trigger in to Link 2 and Trigger out to Amp works.
  2. Link 2 does not power up (Issue 1)
  3. With Technic harness connector and nothing else connected there is no sound from speakers, plug in the factory harness back and sound returns (issue 2)

I have checked the Technic website and LOC100i is the right harness for this car, but clearly its not even passing the standard signals through.

I have checked all the relevant fuses on the dash and it works. The power line from Technic harness to Link 2 has a mini-fuse, says 1A needed but all I had is 2A. I don't think this would matter to my Issue 2

Are there any fuses in the left rear quarter of E91? when we initially connected everyone we heard a pop, like a fuse. But we can't find any. our 12V signal wire was not secure and I've since soldered it onto rear 12V accessory socket power lead.

Any ideas?

pictures attached....
1st Pic - Factory Amp
2nd Pic - Factory Connector to Amp
3rd Pic - Technic PNP harness
4th Pic - connection between PNP harness and Link 2
Attached Images

Appreciate 0