E92_James
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i | 2020 X3 X30i

Garage List
2019 F36 440i  [0.00]
Help with how to start Combox retrofit

Let's start with saying I have one of the model years that is probably the worst when it comes to features (2010.. no alarm wiring, base audio, etc.)

Anywho, my car happens to have the usb (6FL) and normal telephone bluetooth, teleservices, and what not.

I've searched about a basic straight forward combox retrofit and I still can't find any answers to my questions..

What exactly do I need to buy besides a Combox? Is there anywhere where I can buy a pre-made wiring harness that will plug into the combox, I really don't want to mess with harnesses and wiring myself.

I really don't care for the BMW apps and all that extra stuff, I just want bluetooth audio streaming and JUST usb audio with album art to work fine.

I'm really tired of these lightning extension cables breaking on me for my overpriced bmw splitter. I also really miss the album art feature that was in my 435i.

I've seen a couple of comboxes fairly cheap on eBay, so if I get my hands on a non gps combox bn2000, what else do I really have to just get?
Appreciate 0