View Single Post
      09-20-2021, 10:51 AM   #12
vfilipe
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZed View Post
Using the information posted above regarding re-pinning the plugs, and assuming the combox is a used unit, then yes it's possible. You'll just need to code in the $6VC code to CAS & FRM and then the VO to CIC and MEDIA.
This will get the basic operations up and running.
Thanks DavesZed

So, I replaced the 54-pin plug with the 26-pin plug and I added $6VC to the VO in CAS and NFRM. I only used the pins 1 and 2 for power, 14 for ground and 11, 12 and 25 for mic.
After that I coded 2RAD (professional CD73) as I don't have CIC or any multimedia system.
I can access the phone menu on the radio display and navigate the menus but I can't do more than that. I cannot pair the mobile phone even though the mobile phone can detect the combox. On two occasions, after encoding the 2RAD I managed to pair the mobile phone (I entered the pin in the radio and activated the permissions on the mobile), but when making a call the sound was not transmitted to the radio and when I turned it off and on again, it was not possible to re-pair.
Whenever I start the car and access the phone menu the bluetooth is disabled and asks to be activated, but when I press the BT-ON button it takes a long time to activate.

I still removed the $644 option from the VO, just to test, but the same behavior remained.
I can't encode MEDIA module because I don't have any fiber optic head, only OBD cable.
Maybe the radio isn't compatible - it's a professional (CD73) manufactured in 2008 and the combox is a BN2010 manufactured in 2013 (PN: 9257151)

Last edited by vfilipe; 09-20-2021 at 11:01 AM..
Appreciate 0