View Single Post
      08-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #9
agh!
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E91 320d SE

I've been using it (Millers Diesel Sport 4) since about April last year, 20,000 miles in my 320d 163bhp
*** BHP up by upto 17.5%
Really no, I don't beleive that, 3%-5% *perhaps*. If you start out with an old dirty fuel system diesel car then may be you *might* be restoring lost power as the additive cleans and get that increase, otherwise no.
*** MPG up by upto 7%
from around tank 2 or 3 onwards the economy improvement does get up to 5% to 7% measured by brim to brim fuel used / miles covered and not trusting the OBC. So yes.
*** upto 70% less exhaust smoke
Never noticed smoke from my car even with foot to the floor so I cannot say.

I do think the engine is a little smoother with it. I do see these effects reverse pretty quickly if I don't use it in a tank.

Don't fall for the double dose sillieness it is bow-larks and when a couple of us on another forum confronted them about it on the phone with just a tiny bit of science to back us up they said it is best to just stick to the standard dose.
That little bit of science is:
To meet EN590 standard for diesel fuel in Europe it must have a minimum cetane rating of 51 (it's a measure of how well the fuel burns). I forgot the exact science behind why 55 is the maximum useful cetane rating, but anything above that is of no further benefit though does no harm.
Millers adds 4 so your guaranteed is then at least 55 (will often be higher as diesel fuel varies a lot which is why a fuel is stated as having a guaranteed minimum 51). So double dosing gives you 59+ which is pointless.

This also means using premium fuels like BP Ultimate Diesel and Millers together is pointless because BP UD is already at 55+, as is Shell V-Power, Total Excellium 53+, regular Shell 53+, anything else 51+.

So go with anyones regular diesel and add Millers to the standard dose, any more than that is wasting money.
Appreciate 0