03-26-2019, 08:55 AM   #28
CP911
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240i 6-speed Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgenM View Post
BEVs are a lot of fun, even simple ones like the i3. You won't miss shifting and definitely won't miss exhaust (neither will the car in queue behind you lol).

And to those complaining about electricity power. If we all switch to BEVs it will require quite a lot LESS electricity than making ICE fuel. So, more BEVs means less energy required.

Sold my last ICE car in 2016. Only regret I didn't switch even earlier haha
A "lot" of fun? I will have to disagree. My old boss had a Model S that he was smitten with, but I didn't see what the fuss was all about. Whenever he'd take us out for lunch in it, he would hit the accelerator pedal and it would push my stomach back for a couple of seconds, but after it was over, I would thinking to myself, "Okay.. what was the point of that? Just risking our lives for nothing." And I do mean nothing... no sound, no emotion, no anything. Just the faint whining sound of the motors and that was it.

Now, my M240i on the other hand! I took it out the other day, found a nice sweeping curve where traffic wasn't present, and I must have U-turned a half dozen times to do it over and over again. Hearing the noise of the B58 and watching the revs climb on the tach left me laughing in my own car by myself just like Dr. Evil finding a new way to take over the world.

They really can't compare, but for daily comfort driving, sure, I'll take a BEV.
paliknight2191.50