View Single Post
      11-10-2020, 12:57 AM   #26
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Well, Pobody's Nerfect.
The "Missing Steps" are:
1) selecting E90, and how you do that varies by version of INPA used.
On Your screen, Shft+F2 selects E90. On the BimmerGeeks Version, E90 is F3. On the version I have used for several years (Mike's?) it's F6.

Once you've selected E90 and you are at the Script Selection Box, you have to Select "Engine" in the Left Script Listbox, and then select the DME Variant/SGBD installed in YOUR vehicle. For early N52 engines in 325i & 330i/xi, that is MSV70. For N51 engine & Later N52 engines in 328i/xi, the DME Variant is MSV80. For N54 it's MSD80, and it's one of the MEVD Variants for the N55. Select the correct one for vehicle to which connected in the Right-hand Listbox, and VOILA, you have the DME Main Menu (Hauptmenu).

Optional side trips along the way are "Functional Jobs" at Script Selection Box, as it appears in Right Listbox when you select E90. Functional Jobs Main Menu offers TWO quick & easy selections to check out:
1) F2 Identification provides a list of ALL Modules in the vehicle (20 in mine), and the SGBD or Variant of each module which aids in "Connecting to" that module by selecting the correct variant from the Right-Hand Listbox.
2) F4 Fault Memory (Fehlerspeicher), ALL Modules, gives a quick initial report of ALL Module and the Fault Code Number of any fault code saved in ANY of the modules. This is just a starting point, as you should then connect to each module that shows a Fault Code and get the Fault Definition, Freeze Frame Data or other Fault Details, such as whether the Fault is Currently Present, and the mileage at which the Fault was saved.

TMI, RIGHT???
But YOU knew all that already, so I provided it for those who DON'T.

Hope you or others can 'splain "coding" or Option Selection for Battery Capacity using NCS to this "NCS Dummy", since anyone with INPA also has NCS installed as one of the "Standard Tools".

George
Appreciate 1
Domo551.00