View Single Post
      08-10-2012, 09:28 AM   #384
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeeRam View Post
It's probably a UK-USA divide situation.

Generally, I've found girls/women in the UK are generally a bit 'meh' regarding modern bikes (especially sports bikes which are considered very anti-social in a lot of the UK)......whereas, a vintage bike has that 'Steve McQueen' coolness attraction factor and a Harley is usually all chrome and shiney and with often comes the WOW, you have a Harley response...... and ping goes the nicker elastic. You have to remember that Harley's here in the UK are VERY expensive compared to Jap sportsbikes etc., and even Duc's to a certain extent.
That makes sense. I can understand the difference in culture varies depending on demographic and location. I am sure the Harley gets the recognition it diserves, beause I have seen some amazing Harleys around.

Either way, as long as the rider is enjoying whatever it is they decided to go with, that is the most important thing. To be honest, when I was shopping for a new bike two months ago, I was on the fence for about a week trying to decide if I should get a cruiser for the first time, or go with another sport bike. Ultimately, I went with another sport bike but there are some overall great cafe racers, cruisers, dual sport etc motorcyles out there it can be difficult to choose which what to go sometimes!

Oh yeah, just be careful where your head is when the nicker elastic gives way... if your not careful you can lose an eye! haha

Be safe on the roads.