04-19-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Surrey Rolling Road, Judgement Day

As many of you will know, quite a number of e90posters headed down into deepest darkest surrey for a rolling road shootout.

Organised by Hotcoupe (Ian) so a big thanks goes out to you mate

It was held a the aptly named Surrey Rolling Road. And top man there Charlie was very welcoming showed us where the tea room was and was an all round top chap

I arrived pretty much after everyone else as i was recovering from a very bad hangover from last nights escapades

E92Fan could not make it as the poor chap is unwell but promises to be better for UK5 (you better be tone)

The cars which attended and ran on the rollers were

5 x 335d (Carlos DMS, Gibbo Stock, RichardM DMS, HC E-maps and Evil denzil E-maps.)
1 x 335i (g33) Juice Box II
1 x 320d (JJbirch) Superchips
1 x 330i (Scottc) Stock
1 x E60 M5 (M3cya on evotech) Stock
1 x Merc of some sort
1 x Brabus ( FullHouse from Evo tech) stock

Budgie's motor was there but didnt run on the rollers. Looked very impressive on the awesome 230's for sure

Our resident e90post photographer was not present (matt ) so i apologize for the lack of photos and quality.

The cars though, were oozing quality, whether it be measureable quality or just great build quality!!

I personally loved Scotts Lemon leather and logic 7 hifi. So much better than the stock set-up i have.

G33's car looked the nutz with its massive aftermarket drain pipes hanging out the back. It really did look hardcore!

Right i cant remember the order of the day so i will just post up the results.

Tony AKA evil diesel was one of the first up as he had to leave mid morning.

Tonys Emapped 335d made 274.8bhp at the wheels. There was a conversion for Flywheel figures but i dont have it for Some on the cars.

RichardM DMS Automotive 335d made 272.7bhp at the wheels so is a couple down on tonys but comparing the two graphs shows its up on torque

Next up for the diesles was myself,

I was a little apprehensive as mine is now on it third map (2nd because of servicing and third because it went into limp after the more aggressive 2nd one was installed) and it didnt feel as strong as before, but it could have me just being paranoid as the DXB came up with the goods

285.3bhp at the wheels which was a converted 344.3BHP at the flywheel.

Hotcoupe (Ian) was up next and had a good run also. His car is equiped with an Emaps re-map and came up with 285.6bhp at the wheels 0.3 bhp more than mine. A converted 345.6bhp

But mine made more torque at the wheels 425Ib-ft compared with Ians 412Ib-ft. Converted well over 500 ib ft.

This badboy produced 470something bhp a little down on power and the reason being poor fuel!

M3cya took me out in it and FOOK ME it does fly even if it is down on power a monster of a machine, i really want one Acceleration is supreme, its the 2nd one ive been out in now and my love for them jus keeps growing!

JJbirchs Super chips re-mapped 320d was a stormer banging out nearly 200bhp at the flywheel. Up from the 160 stock figure!

Kin's (g33) 335i was a revelation, with its amazing looking and sounding aftermarket exhaust + filter and Juice box 2, pumped out an eye watering 417bhp at the fly

NOW THAT ROCKS

Nice one mate, and being manaul must be a hoot to drive

G33's monster 335i

Scottc ran his 330i but i dont have the information for it. I have Pm'd him and hope he will post it up soon!

Gibbo decided to run his Stock 335d for a good comparison with the mapped ones.

It made a healthy 238bhp at the wheels which is a converted 289bhp at the flywheel so a healthy powered stock 335d.

So re-mapping does enhance the performance of the 335d for sure. With gains of over 55bhp at the flywheel! Let along the staggering torque.

Today also shows that other types of 335i tuning modules do also produce the goods ie the Juice box which has already been proved out in the states at various dynos and drag strips

Thanks everyone for turning up today, was great to see old faces and meet new ones. Sorry if ive missed anything in this post if i have its unintentional

Carlos

EVERYONE bar Myself, Ian, Budgie and JJ Birch and his Nephew went home as they didnt want to join us for lunch, joke.... but we had a nice lunch and all on Budgie which was very kind of his thanks Mate

JJ's Nephew was in attendance and i think the young man enjoyed his day out with the Bimmer boys

Parked in the pub car park

Last edited by dxb335d; 04-20-2008 at 03:11 AM..
Appreciate 0