View Single Post
      06-29-2020, 12:30 PM   #1
minitraveller
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i M-Sport 6MT

Need new front drive shaft - any sources for purchase>?

Over the weekend, kept getting some vibrations especially on the highway, most noticeable (a low rumble) in the sound and vibrations in the shifter. Car is a 2006 325Xi wagon, MT, 86K miles. Sounds got louder on my way home, so I got off the highway to take local roads just in case.....good thing. Half way home, there’s a loud pop from under the car, and some clunking/thunking. Drove to the nearest sidewalk, just as the 4x4 warning lights came on. Parked and looked under the car, only to see that the drive shaft was broken! Yikes. Had it towed to a shop to be checked out. In the meantime, at the least I know I need a front driveshaft. Been reading all the posts here. BMW part is over $1000 just for that front shaft. Found others ranging from $100 on EBay, to $300 Cardone parts. Any opinion? Is it definitely get what you pay for with the EBay parts? If I have the shop do it, anything else to take care of while they’re in their? The two Giubos? Center Support Bearing? Transfer Case Mount? Thanks in advance for any advice.
Appreciate 0