11-14-2018, 03:16 AM   #1
DG330
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330

White/blueish SMOKE! HELP

Hi,

having a nightmare with 330d, it is 06 e90, 151K miles, remapped (unsure by who).. ran fine throughout summer, no smoke unless on boost when pulling away. There is no power issues or concerns, pull likes a train, just a bit more smokey and noticeably at idle and when revving while still (in park). sometimes looks like a chimney! just this constant light smoke on idle rising up!

Now is has become cooler, it is smoking at start up and when on low revs stood still (throttle blips etc). Sometimes it smokes at idle, but that is only after being driven hard. Today I noticed the idle flux and jump around a little bit.

I've ordered INPA and will be checking the ECU, but have not found any faults on my three ecu readers, but they are universal.

In the summer I changed all glow plugs, checked the CCV (slight bit of oil) and blanked the swirl flaps.

I checked the MAP to turbo pipe and found wet oil from the crank breather (I have vortex) there is no play in the turbo.

I've ran fuel treatments through and I think that improved the torque, used Forte.

I have two other issues - Temperature takes forever to get to 91c, it was about 1.5 hours and 50 miles. normally sits at around 70-80c

I have a thumping under the bonnet from the EGR which I believe is the pressure sensor, thumping is more noticeable from the exhaust.

Annoyingly, I need the MOT done next month or it will be off the road, so any advice will be appreciated on the faults.

I will be checking the CCV this weekend and hopefully running INPA and DIS through the ECU.

Thanks in advance.

Tim
Appreciate 0