02-10-2019, 12:55 AM   #71
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead Dave View Post
Can anyone tell me what the green wire with a red tracer may go to? It appears that it possibly got pinched in the cover. I cannot be for sure but when I just pushed the harness back in, that is where it wanted to lay.
You may want to revisit this.
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e91-328ix-tou/wiring-functional-info/power-train/engine-electronics-quality-control-valve-msv/low-pressure-fuel-system/electronic-fuel-pump-control-module/ekps-electronic-fuel-pump-control-module-supply/vFnKcli

I can't trace it back to that connector in the ebox because the wiring diagrams are not as detailed as i expected (BMW can be unpredictable with how much detail they give) but green with red stripe wire, your multi-cylinder misfires, low air mass readings and high fuel trims could almost guarantee the problem is due to fuel supply.

I will try dig as far as I can but that wire *could* be the wake up signal wire to the EKPS which is the electronic fuel pump controller. If it doesn't get a wake up signal, it will not prime the fuel system and it may not even run the pump. Find the pinched bit, cut back the insulation and see what's going on.
Appreciate 0