View Single Post
      01-09-2023, 11:41 AM   #12
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

as I see it (and I can't really see things accurately with the pictures) if there were an issue that when viewing the car from the side you can see a difference between the door (which I am guessing wasn't painted ) and the quarter panel (which I assume was painted ) then that is significant. Should the quarter panels be repainted that needs to be thought through.

I'm assuming the clear coat haze in the quarter panel is not too difficult to polish out. I might be nuts but I usually don't do paint correction in a season when there is or has been road salt dispensed recently. That salt takes a few washes to get out off the car and days of rain to get out of the streets.

If the bumper is the only piece showing a difference in the flakes but the color is good then that is also an issue that needs to be thought out. Also really inspect the front bumper - I don't know but could the different material of the bumper have an effect on how the flake materials land ?

Also when inspecting the new painted pieces look for drips or dirt particularly near edges and mating points. If you don't see any drips or defects then that might tell you that that aspect of the paint job was very well done.

But like I said pictures on the computer is a hard format to assess paint quality.
Appreciate 0