Lochstar8
e90 323i
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E90 323i

First off thank you for responding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainbearing View Post
Make sure the plug to the #3 coil is fully seated.
Yeah I’ve had problems with this and have made sure.

Quote:
Use the electronic parts cleaner on the coil connector and coil pins too. Allow to fully dry.
I will do this as precautionary but replacing the coils have seemed to have solved the problem.

Quote:
Given the valve cover is know to crack with age, if you remove it might as well put in a new cover. I use Uro.
Quote:
However, given how easily it is to change that sensor seal, you can first clean off the oil with electronic parts cleaner, and replace the sensor seal. See if the problem returns.

So I’ve replaced the valve cover entirely because I believed it to be cracked near the valvetronic motor. But after installing the new valve cover there was still oil in the same area. And it turned out to be the valvetronic motor gasket the whole time. and I fixed it with RTV and hasent leaked since. It didn’t end up being cracked but oh well. The previous valve cover has as new ESS seal in it so I’m probably gonna rob that and install it in the new one. But I’m just worried about the oil pooling in the connecter leading to failure.
Appreciate 0