View Single Post
      01-28-2023, 03:38 PM   #8
Lochstar8
e90 323i
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW E90 323i

The sensor seal swap was super easy would have done it awhile ago if I knew it was that easy. But it’s in and definitely dosent leak or leaks less. BUT the oil is definitely still coming up from the pins so. I cleaned it really well agian. put saran wrap on the connector put RTV on it and stuffed it in the connector. The rtv stuck too the Saran Wrap as I pulled it back out but the connector was clean and there was still some rtv at the bottom around the pins. I let it setup a little then put saran wrap with soap on it around the connector agian( so It wouldn’t stick) and let the rtv set up with the connector and saran wrapp pushing it down around the pins. Once dry I took it for a test drive let it get to full temp. (Wich in -25°c takes awhile). And got back home pulled the plug off and there was still a tiny bit of oil around 1 pin wich was lacking some RTV. but a lot less then when I tested how quick it filled with oil previously. Without the RTV. So I’m going to add a little more RTV and hope it at least slows it down.

And then I’ll still probably stuff the connector with dielectric grease.

Thanks

Loch.
Appreciate 1