Thread: BMW of Fremont
View Single Post
      01-09-2008, 04:27 PM   #51
shragon
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

sales related story at peter pan... i walked out on the sales guy there.

i told him up front i was shopping for a new car. they had a car there that met my configuration at the time. i told him i was not looking to buy that day and just wanted an ballpark estimate on how much i was going to pay. anyway, he had me go to his office to do the pricing. he came back with a good price which was about $1000 above invoice. i said ok, let me go think about and i'll let you know. he kept hassling me and asked why i was not ready to buy right there and then. i told him again, that i was not ready to buy at that time just as i had said up front when i first met him. he got all pissed off since i guess i was wasting his time. again he asked why i was not ready to make a deal at that time. kept asking if that was still too high etc. i said, no, it's actually pretty good but i'm just not ready to commit at that time but would contact him when i'm done thinking things over. again, he was in a rage. at that point i decided enough is enough, said good bye, and left. even if he provided me with the best deal, i would not go back to him with that lousy attitude. i was a prospective customer but i guess he was not making his quota or something.

anyway, i heard from ben and elaine that chinese guy in sales there is really cool. i believe his name is victor iirc.