View Single Post
      04-19-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
sniffer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

OK, what I am trying to show in my pictures are where the MOST Bus connector block is, what it actually is and how it works.

I have taken pictures of the bottom of the block and the top of the block. There are two blocks as you can see in my last picture of this post. The top block is for connectors which are not in the ring, e.g. the CD changer. The MOST in and MOST out for this device therefore need to be moved over into the live ring, which is the bottom MOST bus block connector.

The way I understand this works is at the bottom, port 1 is the input from the central CCC computer / head unit.

You therefore have an input and output for each device in the MOST ring, the inputs are at the top of the connector. If the connector is plugged into the device and the device functioning properly, will allow light to travel back down the output side.

You can see from my pictures, I have been busy with the electrical tape again This was because I had problems getting this to work so logically worked out what was what.

My coding was as follows:

Black CCC input / output (the daddy)

Yellow CD Changer input / output

Red Bluetooth input / output

So hopefully, what you can see in my photos is as follows:

MOST output from CCC (the Daddy) - Bottom of connector, furthest to right

LIGHT GOES TO:

MOST input to CD Changer - Top of connector, furthest to right

LIGHT GOES TO:

MOST output from CD changer - Bottom of connector, second from right

LIGHT GOES TO:

MOST input to Bluetooth - Top of connector, second from right

LIGHT GOES TO:

MOST output from Bluetooth - Bottom of connector, third from right

LIGHT GOES TO:

Unknown MOST input - possibly TV - Top of connector, third from right

LIGHT GOES TO:

Unknown MOST output - possibly TV - Bottom of connector, fourth from right

LIGHT GOES TO:

MOST input from CCC (the Daddy) - Top of connector, fourth from right

So what we have therefore, is a completely connected loop, with the light passing through all modules / devices.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0