View Single Post
      05-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #1861
claycourter01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

Garage List
Crystal Coat application fail

Zach—I would greatly appreciate any advice you can provide on a difficulty I had with a Blackfire Crystal Coat application.

I believe the car was well prepped with a citrus wash (2 buckets with grit guards), auto-claying with Nanoskin pad with orbital polisher, regular clay by hand, another citrus wash, polish with Klasse AIO, and prep with CarPro Eraser. At that point, the paint (BMW Space Gray, on a 2012 335i coupe) looked great.

When I did the Blackfire Crystal Coat application, I found that it was streaky and blotchy, and I could not get it to level off. I may have been using too much of the product; the label does not mention the amount to use, but doing more research afterwards I see that only 1-2 drops per panel are needed. Or perhaps it interacted with Klasse as well? After 3 hours of hand buffing I cannot get the streaks and blotches to improve.

What can I do to recover? I know this is very long-lasting product. I don’t want to ruin the paint and am willing to wait if needed, but I would like to get the streaks and blotches out.

At this point I certainly wished I had just spayed on some liquid wax after the AIO polish. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0