View Single Post
      03-31-2013, 12:43 PM   #12
Mavus
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, F80 zcp

Quote:
Originally Posted by achal View Post
Love my 335i with 78k miles on it...the warranty expired in jan 2013....have been reading a lot on the forums that 335's are notorious after high mileage and can't afford to be without a car or spend any more money on a car with 78k miles on it...

I am picking up a x5 but now I am debating that is it worth starting a payment all over again or should I take a chance and ride my 335 till it drops....if I had to spend 5-6k on the car then I will really kicking myself cause the dealer is offering me 18k for it and the x5 that I selected is 2012 with 10k miles on it....

What do u guys think....help me decide here pls....
Trade-in does not make sense @ 78K.

1. X5 pmt/mo for 1Y = ~8K (guesstimate) + depriciation = 12K+
2. Considering you have only 78K mi over 6Y you will put on another 12K in the following year. Your trade-in value will be almost the same, let's assume 16.5K.
3. Turbos should be covered and even if they are not what's the worst case scenario to replace them?
4. Add insurance and do the final math.
5. What is the fun factor value, 335 vs x5?

I don't think it makes sense to spend 1K/mo for X5 at this point in time. Keep driving, do the regular maint. and enjoy! Sometimes you need to avoid forums. People that complain on forums are a very small % of the overall E9x population.

Just my 2c ...
Appreciate 0