View Single Post
      01-16-2012, 02:49 PM   #5
dlando
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i e92

I dont think that one can even compare the two, the 335i is a much more complex machine. It has numerous components that aren't cheap to fix and needs to be meticulously maintained. The Jeep on the other hand, being a 2012 your looking at, will have much less electrical components and is cheaper to maintain down the road. In essence, both vehicles need to be maintained adequately but the jeep will have much less costly repair bills down the road, over the 335i. As for being reliable, it all depends on how their treated, most guys who have problems drive them hard, off roading for example. I've always believed if you maintain your vehicle as its supposed to (Don't follow BMW's 25,000 km oil change intervals lol) you should be fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairvoyant View Post
I sold my F350 which was a piece of $h1t....
I plan to buy the 4door 2012 Jeep Wrangler (longer wheelbase) for driving to the cottage while keeping the bimmer in the garage during the winter.
So far I read mixed reviews about the reliability. The Consumer Report said it had the worse reliability but some people swore up and down they were the best vehicles out there.

I took the leap of faith with my 335i which was supposed to be plagued with fuel injector problems, HPFP problems, the water pump issue, idrive issues, etc.

If I have to ask blatantly, which one has a better reliability? 335i vs. the Jeep Wrangler?
Appreciate 0