View Single Post
      05-04-2015, 10:25 AM   #1
nis270r
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 335i

N55 JB4 Stage 2 New Install - CEL came & gone Questions

just installed the stage 2 over the weekend, I must say this has to be the best $550 I've ever spent on a modification, but had a little bit of hiccups after the install during a 2nd run. If you ever experienced a similar situation, maybe chime in and let me know what I should be aware of.

I only have a ER chargepipe with no other mods, runs on 93 octane.
Fresh oil change, new coolant, just went in for service 3 weeks ago, car has 43k miles, it's a 2011 E90 manual.

After it was installed, I drove it around the block for 5 mins with a friend in the car, it felt fine, no CEL/SES, you can hear the turbo spools up and the diverter valve like never before, got up to maybe 60 mph, nothing crazy.

Went back put the ECU cover back on, double check all the pin connections and made sure the wiring is securely taped up. After about 30 mins when all completed. 2 other friends jumped in (4 of us probably weigh around 670 lbs) and I let one of my friend takes it on the highway, everything was going fine locally, he got on ramp in 2nd gear, floors it, puts into 3rd floors it, about 80 mph, he shift into 4th, then CEL comes on, reduced power mode blah blah blah, and he said i got nothing on the throttle! so I told him to pull aside, rolling in 4th gear, we slowly come to a stop on the shoulder, engine still running and lights on, it didn't have any spike when idling. So we shut the car off, waited about a minute.

Start the engine on, 10 secs later CEL is gone, we drove back to his place about 2-3 miles away, we let the car sit for the next 3 hours. I drove back home to Queens (he lives in Edison, NJ about 35-40 miles apart), everything was fine. It felt the same when I drove the first time after the installation. I checked what map was the car on with the gauge hijack function and it was on Map 1.

Thanks for any input!
Appreciate 0