View Single Post
      11-24-2019, 06:23 PM   #1
balkanbemve
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

The Half PE Mod [Video]

It's the half PE mod because only the driver's side muffler has been modified.

Inside the muffler, both resonator and perforated pipe were replaced with straight pipes, all exhaust packing re-used. With the exhaust flap open the car becomes significantly louder, and with the exhaust flap closed all exhaust is routed through the untouched passenger side muffler resulting in a stock-like, quieter sound. I purchased a valve controller in order to allow me to switch at the click of a button.

Flap closed it sounds exactly like when you first got your car. Quiet, no cabin drone, barely noticeable to those around you.

Flap open at idle you can actually hear the turbo from the exterior. In the cabin, the exhaust is noticeable after 2.3K RPM and after that it is very obvious your exhaust is modified. No rattles, no obnoxious drone, just a hum. Very pleasing to listen to while daily driving. Outside the car the exhaust is noticeable at every RPM, but becomes significantly (not obnoxiously) louder passed that 2.3K mark. At WOT my friends have said that it sounds absolutely amazing. It is a notch or two quieter than a full muffler delete.

Half PE Mod- $185
Valve controller- $90

I love this setup because you get to decide when you want the car quiet or loud.

Soon I will flash with MHD and show how the car sounds flap open with burbles.

I know the wind is annoying, the next video will be without it.
Appreciate 0